Monday, January 3, 2011

Funny Stories

The other day I remembered a funny photography related story and I thought I would share it with you. 

Several years ago when I still lived in East Tennessee a friend and I were driving around the back roads looking for a good place to photograph the sunset.  After a while we found our location.  It was at the end of a drive way and we could see the house a little ways up the hill.  I pulled just off the road into the grass.  Opposite that was a field and another hill and this is where we were going to get our sunset photos.  We began to pull our equipment out (cameras, tripods etc.) and set up.  Within a few minutes someone from the house got in their car and decided to find out what we were doing.  The individual pulled up next to us and rolled down his passenger side window. 

"Hey, whatcha guys a shoot'in?" he asked.

"The sun behind that hill." was my quick response.

"Huh, what?" he asked with a very confused look on his face.

"Ya' know, the sun setting behind the hill and trees." I responded holding up my camera as I sat it on the tripod.

"What?  Oh, y'all are takin pictures" he said as it dawned on him we were not hunters but rather photographers.


Do you have any funny photography/artistic events you care to share?  Just remember, keep it clean!

No comments:

Post a Comment