Thursday, January 5, 2012

Artistic. Personal.

When I picked two defining words for my business (artistic and personal) I never dreamed that it would have such an effect on both my clients and my attitude. 

I recently photographed a wedding but long before the big day I decided to do things a little different.  Trying to talk things out on the phone or through e-mail just doesn’t cut it for a wedding.  I wanted to get to know my clients so I asked them to pick a restaurant and my wife and I took them out to dinner.  It was really nice getting to know them.  We talked about whatever came up and I got an idea of what to expect from them and they got an idea of what to expect from me.  A few weeks after the dinner we met again for an engagement shoot and that too went really well.  Now, they had a really good understanding of what to expect from me.  The more you get to know your clients the better photographs you will make. 
Weddings are a TON of work and not all the photos I take are "artistic" in nature but they can be personal.  I apply these two words to my post processing as well.  You would be surprised how defining words can well…  define you.

I will be following this same method with all my future clients.  Doing things this way allowed me to get to know my clients on a personal level.  I would like to think that we are slightly more than passing acquaintances. 

No comments:

Post a Comment