Saturday, March 10, 2012

Punishing Pixels!!

Often times we photographers get set in our ways and we feel that the way we do things is the only way.  I get that way myself at times.  I was out today just walking around a field and I came across this old wagon.  I think old wagons are like railroad tracks...  If you have a camera and you come across them you just have to shoot.  Why?  I have no idea!...  Anyway, the one at the top is where I finished up on my initial post processing.  Since pixels are both free and made to be punished I chose to go all out!!!  I even used a texture I picked up off the top of the wagon to overlay.  I don't normally do things like this but I find it fun and interesting to go out on a limb once in a while.  I do like both images and each does have it's own feel.

Photographers should not be locked into one way of doing things.  Great painters didn't become great by simply doing what all the other painters were doing.  They had to find their own voice and expressions.

Don't be afraid to use Photoshop or plugins...  After all, the only real criticism you will get will be from other photographers.  The general public loves this kind of stuff (sort of like HDR).  Besides, in the end if you hate what you did you can simply hit the delete key and never see it again.


Disclaimer:  These images were copied from the originals before being processed...  No pixels were harmed in the making of this blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment