1. Make sure you have everything you need.
- My general rule of thumb is to take more than I need because as the song goes it is better to have and don't need than need and don't have. Since this is a workshop that is based in a hotel there is no real issue in taking some extra gear. If I were going on a hike it would be a different story.
2. Don't be shy.
- You paid money for this just like everyone else in the group. Be kind but make sure you get your questions answered.
3. Use the time to socialize/network.
- You are in a group of like minded people (well, mostly anyway). Take your business cards and pass them out. Get business cards from the others as well. These are folks that you can help later down the line or that can help you.
- Don't eat lunch alone. Make sure you hang out and get to know your fellow workshop attendees.
- Follow up after the workshop with everyone that you met
4. Have fun!!!!!!!!!
- Don't let anything get in the way of you having fun. Most of us learn more when we are fully engaged and having a blast.