Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Move Outside Your Comfort Zone

Prints available for sale at eldridgestudios.com starting at $50.00 

Living in Tennessee I had amazing access to one of the most beautiful National Parks that we have in this country. When my wife and I moved to South Florida I was convinced that there was nothing to photograph. Then, a friend of mine invited me to take some photos with him one night. I was somewhat reluctant to go but I charged my batteries and headed out the door. Wow, was I wrong about South Florida. See, I was comfortable with nature landscapes because I knew how to photograph them and in my mind there were no photographs that could be taken to even compare to those landscapes. Needless to say, I was wrong (thanks Diego for pulling me out the door). Nature photography is still my passion but something tells me I could enjoy this too!


The following image was taken at a local fresh market while I was walking around checking the place out. Nothing to photograph indeed!



It just goes to show you that you never know what you are going to run into. Get out there and take some photos!!!!!


2 comments:

  1. Jason,
    You run around with a camera, and I with a sketchbook. Nothing to draw where I'm going...but I'll stick the book in my purse anyway...then I find something!

    Nothing in South Florida to photograph? I am very glad you got out of the house! So many colors, clouds, people, objects, plants....An artist's eye is rarely idle, just as you found.

    Smiles,
    Angeline Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did that last night, walk around downtown miami and ban, got some shots.Great ah?

    ReplyDelete