Friday, June 3, 2011

It is Never too Early to Start

Coming up on June 17th I have the pleasure of photographing Stephanie and Conley's wedding. Conley is a life long friend and I consider him a brother though we are not blood related. So, for me this is a special honor and privilege. Recently my wife and I received the invitation in the mail and decided to start the wedding shoot early. I loved the wax seal that they used for their invitations as well as the invitations themselves. These shots only took me a few minutes to set up and I bet they will find themselves in the wedding album as a fond memory. I used a single studio light and a light meter to get my first readings. It took me longer to set up the light than it did to capture these images.
If you have been asked to be a wedding photographer keep little ideas like this in the back of your mind. They only take a little time to capture and will me a good deal to your clients. Oh, and treat each wedding as a privilege because you have been asked to take part in the joining of two lives.
Conley, Stephanie... If you read this know that I am excited about the wedding that is forthcoming... And perhaps a little nervous.
 

1 comment:

  1. Jason,
    What a wonderful idea of photographing their invitations! Long after the paper is recycled, the photos will remain as design memories. Great addition to their album, and more than the standard "stick the card in the pocket."

    ReplyDelete