Tuesday, July 12, 2011

It’s All about Timing

It really is about being at the right place at the right time.  I would love to tell you that this was the location that I had chosen but I found it nonetheless.  I was on my way down from my primary loaction of Clingman's Dome in the Great Smoky Mountains to my secondary location when I looked out my passanger window.  I immediately pulled over at the first place I could find, grabbed my gear, and ran to the vista. 


[tangent tip]
When I first left Clingman's Dome I left my camera attached to the tripod and the tripod legs loose.  This allowed me to be ready really fast in the event that something came along.
Regarding the first photo (which I think is my favorite from the trip) if I had been early the sun would have shown in the photo causing some major highlight issues.  If the time of day had been later I would not have gotten the shadow lines of the sun through the trees.  This scene only lasted a few minutes.  Luck plays a big role in this as well...  Just don't tell anyone I said that. 

Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. Luck has a bit to play - but YOUR recognition of the opportunity has a larger role.

    These are not my favorites...you shared too many spectacular ones during the trip to make these favorites. Perhaps my favorite moment described by you while on your trip? LOL

    Thank you for sharing. I can almost see me doing something like this in encaustic wax....

    ReplyDelete